18 July 2009

The Thumbnail For Sale On Ebay




You never know what you'll find out on Ebay, or if you will ever bid on an item. Occasionally we grow curious and wonder what is behind the bidding process for the party/parties involved. In this case, I know a person whose mission this week is: selling a broken thumbnail on Ebay.

I give you the transcript of my interview with "shukuacacia" --- the seller of this item.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130319448837

++++++++++++++++++++++++
HERE IS THE INTERVIEW with the THUMBNAIL SELLER on Ebay:


Buzzmusicmedia:
Tell me about this nail. How did it break?

SHUCKUACACIA:
Umm, I dont know honestly. I was drunk...but possibly from punching a wall.

Buzzmusicmedia:
Which nail broke?

SHUKUACACIA:
Right thumb nail.

(Here's a link to the ebay listing and picture)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130319448837

Buzzmusicmedia:
Does the thumb nail area hurt?

SHUCKUACACIA:
No actually, it broke down in the "pink" area so I didn't want to finish the break in fear of pain and blood, so I just let it be for a week and a half...and I was very careful not to break it, but then when I was rolling up my window the other side of my nail broke...so then on either side there was a break in pink part, and as time went on the break got bigger until it was all the way across. But my nail was still on because just above that break there was the nail...still pink, attached to skin. And, after it being like that for two days, it finally just came off with no pain or blood.

Buzzmusicmedia:
Wow...how lucky do you feel?

SHUKUACACIA:
Extremely.

Buzzmusicmedia:
It's not the most mainstream item found on Ebay --- WHY sell your thumbnail?

SHUKUACACIA:
(To)just see what will happen...will anyone buy it? If so, how much will they pay for it, and will someone get into a bidding war for it??

It's all a very thrilling experience to see what happens to something most people just ingore/throwaway.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's the thumbnail sketch of why she's selling a thumbnail on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment